Sunday, June 2, 2013

June 1 and 2 in Pommern, Tanzania


“In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.” –Bill Cosby
 

On Saturday we went for a nice long walk with Edward. He brought us to another part of Pommern that overlooks the village. It was beautiful! Edward was telling us about the culture and how a lot of women do the majority of the work when it comes to planting and harvesting. I was kind of surprised by that! On Sunday, we started the morning off by going to church. Edward, Carrie, and I were invited to the front of the church to be introduced to the congregation. The service lasted quite a bit longer than what I’m used to at home, but I’m very glad we went! The singing was beautiful! Before lunch, Mohamed brought us for a walk to the waterfall. Two young men were hard at work washing their clothes in the water. This makes me extremely grateful for a washing machine and dryer at home!

0 comments: